Resolutions for the New year invariably involve the same set every year. One of the best picks for resolutions is getting fit or staying fit. Having given you a ...
3 min read
Resolutions for the New year invariably involve the same set every year. One of the best picks for resolutions is getting fit or staying fit. Having given you a spate of choices for resolutions in our previous blog, we decided to help those as well who have it in their plan to stay fit. Don’t take our word for it, because all these tips come from our expert partners specializing in yoga, diet and fitness. What we can promise you is a fitness regime that you will love and will find easy to follow.
Take your pick or do them all. But this year, do something
When we think of getting back in shape, the first thing we think of is what not to eat (in some cases not to eat at all). Getting in shape and getting fit are not different things, and one can safely assume that giving up on food won’t get you there.
If chocolates are the first thing you gave up, we tell you here that you shouldn’t! Didn’t we promise you a fitness regime that you would love?
Stretch your body a little, JUST a little!
4. Lunge: While walking, take the widest step you can and lunge forward. Now this may come at the cost of people staring at you and thinking that something is wrong. But don’t be afraid of that, just exercise with some caution.
5. Take the stairs: If you need a harder workout, try taking them two at a time — you’ll get a chance to stretch your legs more than you would otherwise.
6. Chair squats: Lift your back end off of your seat and hold for a few seconds & swing away. Spending your hours in front of a laptop can take a toll on your back, apart from your mind. Take a break and exercise your body. For your mind, just take a stroll around the office or find your quite corner.
Try your hands at these simple Yoga tips as well.
7. Relax on your chair: Seriously, just stretch, touch your toes while being seated. Take deep breaths and relax. Do this exercise about two to three times in a day in intervals that is convenient to you.
8. Lion’s Pose: Go to a quiet place, preferably secluded, open your mouth wide, stick out your tongue and roar. Let the animal out. This acts as a great release for facial muscles and the roaring might just reiterate the power you hold.
9. Shoulder rolls- Inhale slowly, bringing your shoulders up to your ears. Move your shoulders in a circular motion clockwise and bring them down while you exhale. Now, circle your neck around a few times while inhaling and exhaling slowly. This is an exercise to not just improve your flexibility, but also to calm your nerves.
Is something still stopping you? Write down your queries or worries in the comments section and our experts will answer your questions. Promote good health for 2016 and it should start from you 🙂
Are you also a fitness expert? Download the Urban Company Partner app NOW & join – http://onelink.to/getucompany
Subscribe to our newsletter