In this post you will learn:
- Why using baking soda for underarms is a good thing
- The most effective way to use lemons for underarms whitening
- Orange Peels for ‘ black underarms ‘ – does it work?
- Why raw potatoes work best for dark underarms
- Does toothpaste really work for underarms whitening?
Nothing accentuates your body like a sleeveless dress or a tube dress. The beauty lies in elegant looking shoulders making a statement. But embarrassing dark under arms usually stops us from going so far. Sleeveless tops, cold shoulders, tube tops, halter necks and off shoulders are a complete no for girls with dark underarms. Fortunately, these 9 natural remedies work well for underarms whitening.
#1. Why Use Baking Soda for Dark Underarms
Dark underarms is a consequence of dead skin cells accumulating over time. Not only does it darken your underarms further, they also clog the pores, leaving the skin unable to breathe. The key lies in exfoliating these dead cells off your skin. Baking soda when applied on skin gives out a basic exothermic reaction which scrapes off dead skin cells from the epidermis to give way to clear skin.
How to Use Baking Soda for Underarms Brightening
- Step 1 – Mix water and baking soda to make a grainy paste.
- Step 2 – apply it to your underarms in smooth circular motions.
- Step 3 – wash with cold water and pat dry.
You can use rosewater instead of normal water and repeat this thrice a week.
- Mix water and baking soda to create a paste and apply it to the underarms.
- Scrub gently for a little over a minute, wash with cold water and pat it dry.
- You can use rosewater instead of normal water and repeat this thrice a week.
#2. How Does a Slice of Lemon Lighten Underarms
Lemons are highly acidic and get rid of dead cells. Their bleaching properties also lighten underarms.
How to Use Lemons for Underarms Whitening
- Step 1 – Cut a lemon in half and dip it in sugar.
- Step 2 – Rub the slices on your underarms for 2 minutes. You may experience some mild stinging and itching.
- Step 3 – Leave it on for 5 minutes before washing off with cool water.
#3. Why Potatoes Work Best for Dark Underarms
Using lemons to lighten underarms can irritate sensitive skin, and cause rashes or some other kind of reaction. Potatoes aren’t as acidic as lemons but are a better option for sensitive skin. The citric acid in potatoes is milder and, even though they work at a slow pace, they give desired results too.
How to Use Potatoes to Lighten Dark Underarms
- Step 1 – Cut potatoes into slices and rub it on the underarms’ skin.
- Step 2 – After 10 minutes of letting the essence settle, wash it with lukewarm water and dry it.
- Step 3 – Repeat twice a day.
#4. Cucumber For Dark Underarms – Does It Work?
Heat makes you sweat, and sweat can cause dark discolouration in your underarms. Also, the skin in your armpit region is under rupture for most of the day due to swaying our arms while walking or doing any basic job. The key lies in cooling down the region and what better than world’s favourite coolant- cucumber? Besides being a cooling agent, cucumbers also have bleaching agents.
How to Use Cucumber for Underarms Whitening
- Step 1 – Cut slices of cucumber and rub on the skin.
- Step 2 – After 10 minutes, wash it and pat dry.
- Step 3 – Repeat twice a day.
#5. The Secret Behind Using Orange Peels for ‘ Black Underarms ‘
Another fruit heaving with citrus is orange. The very same bleaching properties that lemons are blessed with reside in oranges too. But with a sweet fragrance added to it. When applied on the underarms’ skin, the orange peel will not only put forth its bleaching foot but will also act as a natural deodorant ad battle underarm odour.
How to Use Orange Peels for Underarms Whitening
- Step 1 – Peel the oranges and leave the peels to dry for a day on the terrace.
- Step 2 – Once the moisture leaves the peels, grind them to form a powder.
- Step 3 – Mix this powder with rosewater and milk, apply the paste to the underarms.
- Step 4 – Scrub for over 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
- Step 5 – Repeat thrice a week.
#6. Why Most Beauty Experts Suggest Milk for Dark Armpits
This universally accepted beauty product is here to fight your dark underarms too! We do not prescribe going Cleopatra style and take dips in pools of milk but just use few teaspoons it for its skin lightening properties and moisturising benefits. Here is an age-old grandmother recipe for milk.
How to Use Milk for Underarms Whitening
- Step 1 – Mix three tablespoons of milk in some gram flour.
- Step 2 – Add a pinch of turmeric and make a paste.
- Step 3 – Apply this paste, scrub for over ten minutes and leave it to dry.
- Step 4 – Rinse with cold water and pat it dry.
- Step 5 – Repeat thrice a week.
#7. You Can Use Curd to Lighten Underarms Too!
Yogurt, high in basic properties is known to eliminate bacterial traces settled on the skin. This way, it begins to bleach the skin, give it a lighter tone and moisturises it simultaneously. It kills odorous bacteria and neutralises body musk.
Underarms Brightening with Curd
- Step 1 – Add drops of honey (a powerful bleaching agent) to yogurt to form a paste.
- Step 2 – Gently apply on the underarms and scrub it into the crevices of the underarms.
- Step 3 – Wash, pat dry and repeat thrice a week.
#8. Does Toothpaste Really Work for Underarms Whitening?
Yes it does! Toothpaste has bleaching properties that whiten dark underarms. However, make sure to use only white toothpaste since coloured variants have chemicals that can irritate sensitive underarm skin. Matcha green tea is antioxidant that will scrub away the dead skin cells and unclog the pores.
How to Use Matcha Green Tea Powder and White Toothpaste to Lighten Armpits
- Step 1 – Mix white toothpaste and green tea powder well.
- Step 2 – Apply that mixture
- Step 3 – Wipe it out after 10 minutes.
#.9 Why You Should Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Dark Armpits
Here is another mild acid to be added to your skincare products. Apple Cider Vinegar does not just create heat to scrape off dead skin cells but also prevents bacterial infections and kills germs that feed on dead skin cells. It also has mild bleaching properties that brighten the skin.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar to Lighten Underarms
- Step 1 – Take half a cup of rice and grind it to make rice flour (which is a strong coarse exfoliator)
- Step 2 – Add apple cider vinegar to form a thick paste.
- Step 3 – Apply the paste on your underarms and scrub for a little over 15 minutes.
- Step 4 – Wash it and pat dry. Repeat thrice a week.
Remember that the key is to keep the armpit clean and healthy by consistently following these tips every week! Repeat them for sensational underarms.