Who doesn’t want to look and feel flawless every day? And with the latest selfie trend of #iwokeuplikethis and #nomakeuplook, a lot of us are becoming more and more concerned about how our pictures come out. A little zit, puffy eyes or dark circles never benefitted our self-esteem. But with the growing stress, pollution levels and our busy schedules, it becomes difficult to keep up with a beauty regime and take good care of our skin. There are a number of inborn as well as acquired allergies and diseases that cause our skins to become dry, swell up or develop red patches. Blotchy skin, or skin with patches, pigmentation and marks – all these conditions are often a source of irritation and make us lose confidence. It is caused by sun exposure (burns and tans), allergic reactions and certain skin diseases.
Also Read : 10 Magic Kitchen Ingredients for A Flawless Facial Skin
Here are the ingredients that can help you get your beautiful skin back, and look flawless.
6 Ways to Fix Blotchy Skin
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is counted among the best ways to deal with pigmentation, especially helping with sunburns and tanning. It is anti-inflammatory in nature and known to reduce skin irritation, redness and swelling associated with sunburns.
How to use:
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply this gel on blotchy skin using your fingers, and massage it well in simple circular motions.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Do this 2 or 3 times daily until you have an even skin tone.
Yogurt works wonders on blotchy skin. It also reduces age spots. It contains lactic acid, which is used in cosmetic products designed to treat rough and dry skin. Lactic acid works as an exfoliating agent to slough off dead skin cells that cause blotchy skin. Yogurt also has a cooling effect, which is helpful for sunburned skin.
How to use:
- Apply a thick layer of plain yogurt on your blotchy skin patches. Allow it to sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Repeat once daily.
- Otherwise, opt for the desi practice of “haldi” – mix 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Spread the mixture evenly all over the skin. Keep it on for 20 to 30 minutes, or until dry. Wash with warm water and pat dry. Use this remedy 3-4 times a week.
A simple and easy home remedy to treat uneven skin tone is oatmeal. Oatmeal is an excellent moisturising agent that helps rehydrate dry skin, one of the key reasons behind blotches. Moreover, oatmeal has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help deal with redness and itchiness.
How to use:
- Cook 2 tablespoons of oatmeal in ½ cup milk. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix it well and allow it to cool. Smear the mixture on the affected area for around 20 minutes before washing it off.
- To 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of warm water (or tomato juice) and ½ teaspoon of honey. Mix the ingredients well. Apply the mixture on your blotchy skin. Leave it on for about 5 minutes, then gently massage your skin using wet fingers. Wash off with lukewarm water.
4. Coconut Oil
The fatty acids in coconut oil make it a great conditioner for dry skin. Its moisturising nature deeply rehydrates the skin. Simultaneously, its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties assist in reducing redness and inflammation.
How to use:
Rub some extra-virgin coconut oil between your palms. Apply this warm oil onto your blotchy skin patches. Massage gently over the patches for 5 to 10 minutes. Now, allow the oil to be naturally absorbed by your skin. Do this 2-3 times a day.
You can use a banana as an all-natural face mask that moisturises your skin and leaves it looking and feeling softer. It’s an excellent hydrating agent for the skin as well as hair, and helps remove blotchiness by deep hydration.
How to use:
Mash a medium-sized ripe banana and make a smooth paste. Gently apply it to your face and neck. Leave it on for 10-20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Except going au naturale, there is a variety of products available in the market for anti-ageing and skin rejuvenation, and UrbanClap provides you an insight into this vast display with the help of salon-at-home and spa-at-home services.
We hope this little guide has left you inspired and will help in pushing your confidence up several notches. As you read this, make the good face pack, drink lots of water, upload that selfie and unfold your magic!
Also Read : 7 Homemade Natural Skin Bleach for A Bright and Beautiful Face: Say Goodbye to Dull Skin