This is a part of the complete Invite Wordings Guide for your Indian Wedding.
You’re in love, or falling in love (in case of an arranged marriage!) and you want a wedding invitation quote that’s romantic and mushy. But wait, what if you want a more subtle way to talk about love or marriage since your wedding card is going to be sent to even distant relatives and acquaintances of your parents?
Adding a love quote, or any other type of saying or verse, is an easy way to make your wedding card stand out. And let’s be honest, the wedding invite is meant to be a keepsake for you, so you might want to add a bit of personalisation to make it special – for you!
How Do I Find Love & Other Quotes That I Can Relate To
If you have a favourite love song or book, you can pick a quote or lyric that means a lot to you and use that in your card. But since this is easier said than done, we curated the best wedding invitation quotes our team has seen on Indian cards over the past few years. So whether you want super-romantic or something subtle for a traditional formal invite, you’ll find what you need here!
Love & Other Wedding Invitation Quotes for Your Indian Shaadi
Psst…if you need help with how to word your entire wedding card, check out our guide.
AWWWW-worthy Love Quotes
Those special moments on TV or in the movies – where you remember exactly how you felt when you first heard it.
- “Pyaar dosti hai” – from Bollywood movie, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- “Some people are worth melting for.” – Olaf in the movie, Frozen
- “When all my dreams come true, the one I want next to me, it’s you.” – Lucas in the TV series, One Tree Hill
- “I want all of you, forever. You and me, every day.” – from the movie, The Notebook
Destined To Be Together
If you and your significant other feel like it was fate that brought you together!
- “Some call it luck. We call it fate.” – Unknown
- “What’s meant to be will always find a way.” – from the book, The Secret
- “Like a river flows, Surely to the sea, Darling so it goes, Some things are meant to be.” – from the song, Can’t Help Falling in Love, by Elvis Presley
- “The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
- “Your heart and my heart are very old friends.” – Rumi
Romantic Love Quotes
If you’re comfortable sharing the depth of your love and getting mushy on your wedding invite.
- “A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.” – Unknown
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known— and even that is an understatement” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “When I saw you, I fell in love and you smiled, because you knew.” – William Shakespeare
- “Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.”
- “If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.” —Led Zeppelin, “Thank You”
- “When I look at you, I can feel it. I look at you and I’m home.” —Dory in Finding Nemo
- When you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” —Harry Burns in When Harry Met Sally
- “When I follow my heart, it leads me to you.” – Unknown
- “When they asked me what I loved most about life, I smiled and said you.” – Unknown
When you want to say your bond is eternal
Or as us Indians like to believe “saat janam ka saath!”
- “I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, age after age, forever.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “I would find you in any lifetime.” – Kanye West
- “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you” – from the book, The Chaos of Stars
Unique Invitation Quotes for Wedding
Your love and feelings can’t quite be described in the traditional way.
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
- “I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met.” – from the movie, The Wedding Date
- “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” – A.A. Milne
When your invite lies somewhere between romantic and casual.
- “In the name of Love, Life, Happiness & Togetherness” – from Pomegranita
- “My mother told me to pick the very best one and you are it.” – Source
- “You are what happened when I wished upon a star.” – Unknown
- Do you ever just want to sit next to someone and listen to everything they could possibly say about anything ever just because you like their face and their voice and their general existence? – hplyrikz.com
- “We are all a little weird and life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, We join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” – Dr Seuss
- “Any day spent with you is my favourite day. So today is my new favourite day.” – – A.A. Milne
Short Wedding Quotes That Have Big Impact!
For those who want to express their love in a formal/traditionally worded wedding card, but need a succinct way to put it.
- “For you I’d have searched the world over” – Unknown
- “You’re the road of love and at the end my home.” – Rumi
- “Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favourite” – Anonymous
- “We were together. I forget the rest.” – Walt Whitman
- “What’s meant to be will always find a way.” – from the book, The Secret
Marriage-Related Love Quotes
What you hope your marriage will look like. Because after the big wedding, there’s the actual marriage you have to DO for the rest of your lives!
- “Love is patient, love is kind, love does not insist on its own way. Love bears all things, believes all things, Endures all things, Love never fails.”
- “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” – Andre Maurois
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
Formal Indian Wedding Invitation Quotes
These are good for a very formal card, and if they look gorgeous, the quote adds to the magic.
- “May these vows and this marriage be blessed”.
- “Marriages are settled in heaven but celebrated on earth. The unity of two souls written right from birth.”
ProTip: Add the couple’s names at the end of these types of generic quotes. It gives it a feeling of completion and personalisation!
A Parent’s Love
Sometimes, your parents may want to add a quote or poem for their child who is getting married!
- “Dear daughter, While in this new phase of your life we wish you fly with abandon in the expanse of the big blue sky like the kites, don’t forget that you still hold a little string that is attached straight to our <3 <3 <3”
Funny Wedding Invitation Quotes
When you want your guests to have a good laugh when they see your invite!
- “Shit Just Got Real” – seen on a humorous wedding invite that also says “Doomsday has arrived”
- “The groom always smiles proudly because he’s convinced he’s accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she’s been able to convince him of it.” – Judith McNaught
- “Two less fish in the sea.” – Unknown
- “That moment when you realise it’s too late to run” – written on the Wedding insert of a hilarious invite! Other gems on this invitation include “Brunch – the socially acceptable excuse for day drinking”, “Dress Code is very simple, just keep your clothes on!” and “Sangeet – now get out there and shake what your mama gave you!”
We spotted this at the bottom of a wedding card
“Happiness is best when shared”
It’s not a love quote but a great line for a wedding card, because you want them to share in your joy!
Found this useful? Then you should definitely check out our Wedding Invite Wordings Guide –
- Part 1: How To Word Your Indian Wedding Invites
- Part 2: What To Say On The Insert for Every Kind of Indian Wedding Function! Including Reception, Sangeet & More!
- Part 3: Alternatives to Saying “No Gifts” and “Best Compliments” in Your Card
- Part 4: Wording your Engagement Invitation
- Part 5: Best Wording Ideas for Inviting Friends to Your Wedding
And if you’re looking for Wedding Invite Design Ideas, don’t miss –
- The Best Indian Wedding Invites We’ve EVER Seen
- 14 Easy Ways To Make Your Wedding Card Design Stand Out!
- 25 Creative & Unique Wedding Invites We Found for your 2019 Wedding!
- 40+ Save The Date Ideas
- Floral Wedding Invitations We Loved