If you’ve stepped into your early thirties, chances are those grey hairs are peeking out of your head. Hair colouring is certainly one of the most commonly practiced grooming measures taken by men. But there are a lot of things you must think of– should you go to the salon or do it yourself at home? Will it be time-consuming? How much effort will you have to give? Will it be expensive?
Well, fret not, we are here to give you a broad overview of hair colouring at home and the salon, and also provide with the best possible solution for the same!
Hair colouring at home
- It is much more affordable to buy boxed colours than colouring your hair in salons.
- It might be more convenient, since you can catch up on some work while the colour sets. Being at a salon offers much less flexibility that way, since you must block out a good two hours of your day simply for getting your hair coloured.
- It’s difficult to guarantee 100% coverage and proper application if you are applying colour yourself. There are some obvious impediments that come in the way– getting hold of those greys at the back of your head or covering each strand even at the front can be quite hassling.
- It can also be difficult to find a suitable, good quality and non-expired hair colour on your own. There are many factors that come into play, including how much time you have at hand, what is available in your local shops and how long it has been sitting on the shelves.
You might also want to read: Men’s Hairstyles—3 Classics and How to Do Them
Hair colouring in the salon
- You don’t have to worry about the quality of service. Since trained professionals will be handling your hair, you can rely on them for providing maximum coverage that is long-lasting.
- Salons also use tried and tested products that do minimum damage to your hair.
- Colouring your hair in the salon is certainly an expensive affair. Since you need to get something like this done at least once a month, it can prove to be quite costly in terms of general expenses.
- It is also time-consuming and less flexible. You need to travel to your salon, wait to get attended, wait till the colour in your hair sets. And its unlikely you’ll be able to do anything else unless it’s replying to a few emails on your phone or watching a video.
The best of both worlds
So, is there anyway to get all the pros, and subtract the cons? What if we tell you, you can get expert salon-level service right in the comfort of your home? With Urban Company’s grooming services for men, it’s possible.
Not only are our professionals highly skilled in applying hair colour, they also use high-quality brands like L’Oreal Matrix and Garnier Black Naturals. Our professionals carry these colours with them, saving you the trouble of having to pick and choose in a store.
Moreover, you have the comfort of your own home and can choose to spend time in any way you want while the colour sets. Our services are also more affordable than getting hair coloured in salons.
We think it’s a win-win, don’t you?