The changing weather can be hard on your skin. While the Sunlight has the strength of Summers, the winds still have the bite of Winters and your poor skin can suffer without adequate protection. Which is why we’re here with these 10 easy tips that can help you prevent breakouts and pimples and get great skin!
- Clean your makeup brushes routinely as they tend to harbor dirt and bacteria after prolonged use. It’s a simple, 5-minute procedure that can help you while away time on a Sunday afternoon and leave your skin thankful.
- Remove your makeup before turning in. Leaving makeup on can clog your skin pores, as well as cause excessive dryness and even dandruff in some cases. Use a baby oil for gently wiping off makeup off your skin. Or simply keep makeup remover wipes on your bedside table to use overnight to prevent breakouts in the morning.
- Wipe your smartphone down multiple times a day with antibacterial wipes. Remember how often you check your phone for texts, notifications or calls? Then estimate the number of germs that your phone can thus get from your hands, cheek, and jawline.
- Remember to moisturize regularly. Moisturizing creams, lotions, and serums provide a protective barrier between the environment and your skin that locks in moisture and prevents dirt and germs from getting through. Also Read: 13 Quick Beauty Hacks For The Working Girl
- Exercising can be good for your skin! Incorporate regular workouts for short periods of at least 15 minutes in your daily routine can help you deal with the stress of the day andt keep the toxins and pimples away.
- Wash your face before and after each workout. Leaving makeup on to mix with sweat and dirt to clog your pores is a recipe for disaster for your skin. So, remember to keep your skin clear at the start and end of your workout.
- Hydration is the way to gorgeous skin! Drink more water to prevent breakouts, because dry skin overcompensates and produces more oil than usual, which in turn causes you to break out.
- Change out pillowcases every week. Oil from your hair can get on your pillow while you sleep, so make sure your pillowcase is clean to avoid sleeping over oil.
- Exfoliate your skin twice a week without scrubbing. Over time, the natural enzymes in the skin become less effective at removing dead skin cells, leaving your skin murky and grey. You can speed up this process by exfoliating as regularly as possible. If your skin is very sensitive, you can look for a gentle exfoliator that you can use frequently without suffering treating your skin harshly.
- Apply sunscreen as much as possible! Yes, sun-kissed skin looks great but too much exposure to the sun can damage your skin irreparably. Slather on sunscreen during the winters too, even though the sunlight may seem dim, it’s still just as strong and harsh on your skin.
Do you have tips on preventing breakouts and getting healthy skin? Let us know!