Deep cleaning your home from time to time is important. Many people opt for these services before a major festival, such as Diwali or Christmas, or a big family event, such as a wedding. And with the festive season coming up, you too may now look to avail of such a service. However, to ensure you find the best deal and get the maximum out of home deep cleaning services you must follow this 5-point checklist. Don’t be afraid if you are clueless about it at the moment because we are here to help you out! Take a look at our list below and you will know exactly what you need to check before you book a home cleaning service
Checklist to follow when booking house cleaning services
Here’s a list of things you must note before you book a deep cleaning service for your home:
- Expense: While everyone likes to get the best service on offer, the price may at times become a constraint. Different people have different budgets to work with. So, you must take out your calculator, do the math and see exactly how much you want to spend on cleaning activity. House deep cleaning prices depend on several factors, such as the number of rooms to be cleaned, number of cleaners required, type of equipment used and cleaning products or chemicals used. As a result, different home cleaning service providers offer varying rates. So, take some time and compare the best deals available to you. Do speak to at least three cleaning service providers to find the best deal.
Pro Tip: Deep cleaning services provided by Urban Company do not base the prices on the scope of work but on the number of rooms you want to get cleaned. So, what you get is top-notch service quality at affordable and transparent rates.
- Services offered: Next, and very importantly, you have to see what services are on offer. You may have a specific requirement, like deep cleaning beds and couches, or you may need to go in for a complete deep cleaning of the entire house. Check to see what services are offered by the cleaners of your choice. For example, if you are opting for a bathroom cleaning service, you must look for the exclusions and inclusions. Check the fine print to see whether or not the tub cleaning services are included. If you are not satisfied with the package or the individual home cleaning services offered, look for a different service provider.
- Time: Next, you should ascertain how much time the cleaners will take to complete the job. You may need to ask them to spread the job over a couple of days if it takes too long or you can choose to have it done all in one day. So speak to the cleaners beforehand to understand exactly how long the service will take. You may need to plan your own schedule accordingly and make the necessary arrangements to fit in the cleaning service in your busy schedule. For example, if you are also planning to get pest control done, the cleaning job will have to be completed prior to that. So, check whether the timing is correct before booking a home cleaning service.
- Safety: You must check whether the products used in cleaning the house are safe for your children and pets. Speak to the service provider and ask them about this. These days, most of the products used are safe and free of harmful chemicals. However, there may be a few cleaners who use industrial chemicals to do the job. Be clear about these things and if needed, move your pets and kids to a neighbour or friend’s house for the time being. Also, if any member of the family is allergic to any specific item, inform the cleaners or ask the family member to vacate the house for the duration of the cleaning. If, however, the service providers promise to use only natural and safe products to clean the house, you can have every one stay in the house while the cleaning takes place.
- Clearing the mess: This is something that you should do yourself before the cleaners come. Declutter your house so that the deep cleaning service can take place smoothly. For instance, if you have some important papers lying on the study table sort them and file them so that they don’t get misplaced during the home cleaning service. Similarly, put your china and other fragile items away in your drawers and cupboards, put small items such as socks and handkerchiefs in their correct places and clear the general mess around. This will make it easier for the cleaners and it will also prevent unnecessary losses from taking place.
Pro tip: Urban Company services professionals are highly skilled and ensure your items are not misplaced or damaged during the cleaning service. However, despite our best efforts if we do damage any goods, we provide insurance of up to Rs. 10,000.
Keep this checklist in mind when booking your home cleaning service and you will surely be able to get the most out of it. You just have to be a little systematic and the job will be done without any hiccups. So what are you waiting for? Go right ahead and book house cleaning service today!