I love winters! The chill in the air, a hot cup of coffee and my favorite corner with just the right sunlight make for a perfect time with myself. But the cold winds of this weather play havoc to our hair and skin. It not only makes the hair dry and frizzy, but also flaky. Care needs to be taken to maintain the moisture and shine of the hair during the winter months. After all, these are the months when you can leave them open without feeling hot.
Our experts at Urban Company, have for you these amazing hair masks that will not only help to tame your tresses, but also keep the other problems at bay. Check them out!
Banana Honey Hair Mask
A few simple ingredients can do wonders to your hair. They have the vital nutrients that the cold weather takes away. Try to use cold pressed olive oil instead of the one you use for cooking. One can also use extra virgin olive oil (used in salads) which is easily available in the market. Also, a very ripe banana works best for the hair mask.
- With lots of antioxidants, vitamin C and other goodness, bananas are great for your hair
- Honey is a natural emollient which softens the hair and also stimulates hair growth
- Olive oil is an excellent moisturizer. It also adds shine to the hair
- Milk contains casein and several nutrients such as Vitamin A & B, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, zinc and protein. They strenghten, soften and add shine to the hair, all at the same time!
- Egg whites as we know are an excellent source of protein which makes the hair follicles stronger
Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Aloe vera gel is not just great for your hair but also your skin. It is also easily available in the market. Try to use aloe vera in a form which is as fresh as possible.
Aloe vera is a wonder ingredient which has many benefits.
- The enzyme present in aloe vera (proteolytic) repairs the dead skin cells on the scalp. It prevents dandruff
- It acts as a great conditioner and softens the hair
- It aids in hair growth
- Aloe vera has a chemical make up similar to Keratin, hence it gives hair more elasticity and prevents breakage
Butter- Oil Hair Mask
All it takes is 10 minutes to make this mask. You can also use substitutes for certain ingredients in this hair mask. For instance, use ghee or shea butter instead of normal salted butter. But we think you will find it easy to use just butter. This hair mask particularly works well for those who have dry hair. You will also find the benefits of the ingredients in the video itself!
Source: Sneha S
I hope you and your hair enjoy the winter months just as much as I would. Let your hair feel nourished and pampered with these ‘easy to make’ hair masks. Different things works for different people so my suggestion would be to try all the hair masks and see what suits best for your hair type.
For some pampering at home with great beauty treatments, book a salon at home service on Urban Company!