Trust you are all doing well and keeping safe in these difficult times.
I wanted to reach out to you today, and talk about some of the safety protocols we have put in place, to protect the health and safety of our customers, and our 35,000 service professionals. These safety protocols are not new, and many of them were operationalized over a year back when the pandemic hit us.
The company takes the safety and hygiene of its customers and service professionals with utmost seriousness. In this regard, the company has put in place 8 key safety protocols –
- Mandatory PPE Kits: All our partners get free masks, gloves, face shields and coveralls from us, with the SOP requiring change of PPE after every single service. We are committed to providing free PPE kits to our service professionals till the end of the pandemic.
- Testing: We have been running regular testing camps where our service professionals can get themselves tested, free of cost. We have also offered testing facilities and doctor consultations to any professionals complaining of symptoms.
- Vaccination camps: We had started vaccination camps in partnership with healthcare providers and local government authorities to vaccinate on priority all service professionals aged 45+. These camps have now been extended to all service professionals aged 18+.
- Daily temperature checks: All service professionals perform a daily temperature check, and if their temperature is above 99 degrees Fahrenheit, or they have any symptoms like a cold, cough etc., they should self-quarantine.
- Health & safety training: All Urban Company service professionals have completed an online health and safety training program, as per WHO prescribed hygiene standards.
- Mandatory use of the Aarogya Setu app: Before starting a service, all service professionals display their health status on the Aarogya Setu app to the customers.
- Sanitization of tools and equipment: Service professionals sanitize their equipment in front of the customers, before and after each service.
- Single-use disposables and sachet products: The company prescribes that all professionals use only disposables, and single-use sachet products, for the safety of the customers.
I urge you to stay home and take care of yourself and your loved ones. We are in this together.
Abhiraj Singh Bhal
Co-founder & CEO, Urban Company