Turmeric is great not just for your health but also for your skin. In fact using turmeric for oily skin is the best way to combat oiliness. In this post, you will learn:
- Benefits of using turmeric for face
- Simple turmeric face packs for oily skin
Benefits of using turmeric for face care
What may appear to be a radiant glow could actually be excess oil on your skin. During summers skin tends to get oilier, especially when the climate is humid. Oiliness can clog your pores and make way for acne. When it comes to skincare, people with oily skin or acne scars should use turmeric face pack regularly. Adding turmeric to your skincare regime can have long-term benefits, such as:
- The anti-inflammatory qualities can target your pores and calm the skin.
- A turmeric facemask helps in reducing acne.
- Turmeric is known for its super antibacterial properties and helps you get clear skin.
- Turmeric lessens the oil secretion by the sebaceous glands, and helps in keeping infections away.
- It is a great exfoliator and provides a youthful glow to the skin.
5 easy methods to make turmeric face packs for oily skin
#1 Sandalwood and haldi face pack for oily skin
A sandalwood and turmeric face pack will absorb any excess oil and make your skin smooth and non-greasy.
- Step 1- Add 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder and a pinch of turmeric powder in a bowl. Chandan (sandalwood powder) is enriched with several minerals that breathe life into the skin. It also contains natural skin lightening agents. This turmeric face pack is very effective for skin whitening.
- Step 2- Combine them and make a paste by adding rose water. Rose water contains anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritated skin.
- Step 3- Apply all over your face and keep it for 15 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
- Step 4- Repeat this method a couple of times a week.
#2 Curd and turmeric face pack for oily skin
Curd is full of good bacteria that help your skin glow by nourishing it from within. Not only can you use curd for curing oily skin, but it can be also used for dry skin.
- Step 1- Mix 1 tablespoon of curd, 1 teaspoon of fuller’s earth, 1 tablespoon of rose water, 1 teaspoon of sandalwood and 1 teaspoon of turmeric in a bowl and make a smooth paste.
- Step 2- Apply it all over the face and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Step 3- Rinse off with cold water. Repeat the process once a week.
#3 Turmeric and coconut oil face pack for oily skin
Coconut oil has skin calming and anti-microbial properties. It is also a natural skin hydrator, which prevents drying and excess sebum production, the reason for clogged pores.
- Step 1- In a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder followed by coconut oil enough to make a paste.
- Step 2- Mix it well and apply on the cleansed skin.
- Step 3- Massage for a minute and let it stay for 5 extra minutes.
- Step 4- Wipe off and wash your face with a mild cleanser.
#4 Sandalwood, orange juice and turmeric face pack for oily skin
Orange juice is a rich source of vitamin C and citric acid, which exfoliates your skin and takes out the excess oil out of the pores. Your skin will remain hydrated and clean.
- Step 1 – Combine 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric powder, 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder, and 2 to 3 tablespoons of orange juice. Mix all ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Step 2 – Use a cosmetic brush to apply this paste uniformly on your face.
- Step 3 – Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Step 4 – Rinse it off using lukewarm water. Apply this face pack twice a week for better results.
#5 Turmeric and lemon for oily skin
The acid in lemon juice has mild astringent properties. Using it on your oily skin will remove accumulated oil, dirt and impurities from your pores. Since it is a rich source of vitamin C and citric acid, it also exfoliates your skin.
- Step 1 – Put 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder in a bowl. Add enough lemon juice to make a smooth paste and mix the ingredients well.
- Step 2- Apply this paste to your face
- Step 3- Use a cosmetic brush to apply this paste to your face.
- Step 4- Leave the paste for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Step 5- Wash it off with warm water and pat dry your skin.
Some more tips when using turmeric for face:
• Use an old towel to pat dry your face, as turmeric can leave a bright yellow stain on the towel.
• Do not go out in the sun after applying lemon on your face, as it makes your skin more susceptible to the ultraviolet (UV) rays causing dark spots and tanning.
Read more on Face Care Routines for Oily Skin