In this post you will learn:
- The many benefits of using multani mitti face packs
- How to make a lemon, rose water and multani mitti face pack for oily skin
- Simple multani mitti face packs for dry skin
- The best way to use multani mitti for pimples
- The secret ingredient in this multani mitti face pack for fairness
Benefits of Using Multani Mitti for Face Care
Multani mitti or fuller’s earth has been vouched for by many skincare experts as one of those magical ingredients for oily skin, acne, pimples, and even for dry skin, and hair care too! Here are some of the benefits of using multani mitti for face care routines.
- Multani mitti’s absorbent properties help it in controlling the appearance of oil on the skin.
- It’s absorbent properties also help it to effectively clean oil and dirt from the pores.
- Multani mitti fights pimple causing bacteria.
- It also reduces the appearance of acne and blackheads.
- It’s cooling properties soothe inflamed skin.
Easy to Make Multani Mitti Face Pack for Oily Skin
A simple multani mitti and rose water face pack is one of the best face packs for oily skin. Multani mitti absorbs excess oil from the skin, and cleanses impurities from the pores.
How to Make a Lemon, Rose Water & Multani Mitti Face Pack
- Step 1 – Mix 1 tablespoon of multani mitti with enough rose water and lemon juice to form a smooth paste.
- Step 2 – Apply it on your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 3 – Rinse off with cool water.
- Step 4 – For best results, apply the pack twice a week.
Simple Multani Mitti Face Pack for Dry Skin
Dry skin types can make use of multani mitti as a cleanser to flush out impurities from the pores. To prevent the clay from drying out the skin, you can add a moisturising ingredient like honey, milk, or cream keep the skin hydrated.
How to Make a Honey & Multani Mitti Face Pack
- Step 1 – Mix 1 tablespoon of multani mitti with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Step 2 – Apply the mixture to your face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 3 – Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Step 4 – Apply the pack twice a week for best results.
The Best Way to Use Multani Mitti for Pimples
Multani mitti clears your skin of pimple causing bacteria. It also controls the production of sebum or oil, preventing it from clogging the pores and causing acne. Adding acidic ingredients like tomato further control the appearance of oil. Tomatoes also help fade acne scars.
Tomato & Multani Mitti Face Pack
- Step 1 – Mix 1 tbsp of multani mitti, 1 tsp each of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of sandalwood powder (chandan), and 2 tbsps of fresh tomato juice.
- Step 2 – Apply the paste on your face and specially over the acne nd pimples.
- Step 3 – Leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes before washing it off with cool water.
- Step 4 – Repeat it thrice a week to get spot free skin.
Tried and Tested Papaya and Multani Mitti Face Pack for Fairness
Papaya’s skin lightening properties work well to reduce dark spots and fade blemishes. The fruit also contains a special enzyme called papain that removes dead cells and other impurities present in the skin. Combined with multani mitti, it makes for an effective skin whitening remedy.
How to Make a Multani Mitti Face Pack for Fairness
- Step 1 – Mix 1 tbsp multani mitti with 1 tbsp of papaya pulp to form a paste.
- Step 2 – Apply this paste to your face evenly
- Step 3 – Wait for it to dry completely
- Step 4 – Wash it off with cool water
- Step 5 – Repeat it twice or thrice every week for fairer skin.
How to Remove Sun Tan with a Multani Mitti Face Pack
The combo of multani mitti and coconut water is super effective at reducing sun tan and pigmentation. The antioxidant properties of coconut water along with its high level of vitamin C helps in reducing sunburn too.
DIY this Simple Coconut Water & Multani Mitti Face Pack
- Step 1 – Mix 1 tbsp multani mitti with 2 tbsps of coconut water
- Step 2 – Apply it on the affected areas and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Step 3 – Rinse it off with cool water.
- Step 4 – Apply every alternate day.
The Best Way to Use Multani Mitti for Dark Circles – Add Cucumbers!
The astringent quality present in cucumber juice, coupled with the cooling properties of multani mitti not only reduce dark circles, but also soothe any puffiness around the eyes.
Easy DIY Cucumber & Multani Mitti Face Pack
- Step 1 – Mix 1 tbsp multani mitti with 3 tbsps of cucumber juice.
- Step 2 – Apply on your skin under your eyes and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Step 3 – Rinse off with normal water. Repeat it twice or thrice a week.
Last Words on the Best Way to Use Multani Mitti Face Packs
- Don’t use multani mitti regularly.When you use Multani mitti too much, it might dehydrate the skin and will make your skin dry.
- Multani mitti is not good for sensitive skin as it can give rise to certain allergy such as irritation on the skin to certain people.
- It’s consumption can lead to poisoning and intestinal bleeding. It can also result in muscle weakness and skin sores. So, you shouldn’t consume multani mitti in any way.