We have all woken up to faces fresh as flowers, lips plush with color, eyes free of dirt and body revitalized. With a little sprinkle of cosmetics, we all head out to take the world with all our confidence.
Gently moving from the rosy picture, we all know how terrible the day is going to get. The harsh sun is going to fry your epidermis, the dirt flying around the metropolis will soon clog your pores and the sebaceous glands, will get onto an indefinite protest and let out a gush of oil that is only going to make your day worse- the oil will lead to explosive outbreaks of acne
All the oily skinned women, we hear you! Here are 7 Magic Methods to help you control the oil on your face. Worry not for will we not prescribe pocket burning treatments! These are the ingredients lurking stealthily in your kitchens, in your grand mom’s beauty packs and in the cupboards that you haven’t opened in ages.
But here is a disclaimer. However sparkling the effect might be, do not repeat the face packs over and over in a week. Excessive usage might lead to the ingredients sucking out essentials oils from your face, leaving your face dry and patchy. Put on a face pack only once a week.
Also Read : 7 Homemade Skin Blotting Face packs For Oily Faces
1. Fuller’s Earth Magic:
Many women have probably grown up seeing their moms religiously making a face pack out of Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth. Here is the age-old fuller’s Earth its components rich in Magnesium Chloride will help your skin by sucking the dirt and excess oil present in your pores. Once your pores are cleansed, you never need to fear acne or blackheads.
- Mix in two tablespoons of rosewater into a cup of Fuller’s Earth to form a paste
- Apply the paste of a washed face. Rinse after 20 minutes
- Repeat this once a week for more of Multani Mitti can grab out the essential oils from the face too.
2. Gram Flour To The Rescue:
Besan ka Laddo has been a childhood favorite to many of us. Also, a distant memory might be of besan might be your grandmom yelling at you to apply some on your face to cure the acne-ridden all over your skin. Hate us for saying this, but granny was right. The flour absorbs impurities and scrubs away dead skin cells from your face to let your skin breathe. Next time, do listen to her!
- Mix in some lemon zest or milk or even rose water into a cup of Gram flour or Besan.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to it for the antiseptic wonder that it is.
- Make a past and apply it with a little scrubbing. Leave it to dry and wash it off completely.
3. All in The Eggs:
Other than being a scrumptious part of your Sunday breakfast and filling your tummy as a light evening snack, eggs can also cure your face of oil oozing out of the pours and dust settling in them. To fight acne, use some egg whites which are rich in Vitamin A which will not only tighten your pores but will also remove blemishes of acne.
- Separate the egg yolk from the white (egg yolks STINK) and whip it until it is stiff.
- Add a half tablespoon of lemon zest and stir well.
- Spread a layer of this translucent sticky liquid onto your face and rinse it as it dries.
4. Oatmeal For Breakfast:
Another breakfast favorite can help you to have an oil-free flawless skin. Apart from being adept in sucking out the excess oil on your face, Oatmeal also comes with a coarse texture that can scrub off dead skin cells from your face which can be a major contribution to oily skin
- Cook some Oatmeal and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend in some honey to form a thick paste and apply a thick layer all over the skin
- Let the pack settle on your face until it dries. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Wash it as it dries with lukewarm water.
5. An Apple A Day:
As much as you hate the fruit and love the phone, you are bound to swear by this stunning fruit to cure your oily skin issues. The bubbling malic acid will help to exfoliate dead skin cells that clog pores and suck in the excess sebum from your face. The antiseptic and astringent properties will ensure that your acne does not turn sore and break out with puss.
- Mash half of a peeled apple and blend it with some egg whites and honey.
- Apply a thick layer and leave it to dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and repeat twice a day.
6. How About Some Ketchup:
As you need some Tomatoes to amplify the flavor in your food, you may need them to squeeze out some extra oil off your face. Loaded with Vitamin C, tomatoes can work to wash away oils by employing their acidic properties to scrub away dead skin and dirt off your pores.
- Throw two tomatoes in a blender and extract the juice from it. Add some honey into the extract.
- Dip a cotton ball into the extract and massage it on your face for a few minutes.
- After it dries completely, rinses your face with lukewarm water.
7. The Aloe Cure:
Cool since time immemorial! This favorite coolant will now help you in having a shining yet non-sticky skin, ready for the runway! It simply evaporates the lurking oil in your pores. It also has antimicrobial tendencies that can easily cure acne ridden faces.
- Break a leaf from the Aloe Vera plant and boil it in some water.
- While boiling, squeeze the leaf well. Remove from boil and grind the leaf with a dash of honey blended in.
- The result will be a thick paste and apply it evenly over your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
Now you have all the essential tools in your hands to fight the incessant problem of overworking sebaceous glands. While you are at it, start to eat healthily- cut down on oils and fatty substances in your food.
Also Read- Homemade Scrubs For a Nice Clean-Up