The holiday season is all about travelling to the beaches and hills or simply spending time with the family eating out at your favourite eateries. There is nothing wrong with that, except the long working hours and facing the sweltering temperatures on a holiday can damage your delicate skin.
Body scrubs can help protect your skin against the stress and the harsh sun rays. Sugar and salts are ingredients that are easily available and are a part of all body scrubs. Not only do they mix well with oil to give a pleasant smell but the exfoliating factor leaves your skin refreshed and vibrant.
You Can Also Read: Ginger Lemon Detox to Hydrate You.
Ironically, the ingredients that are so easily available at home cost a bundle when packed and sold over a counter of a beauty product shop. The solution? Some easy to make homemade scrubs that will be every bit refreshing and useful as any other product you purchase over the counter.
Try these at home:
Lemony Sea Salt Scrub
The beauty of this recipe also lies in the fact that how easily it can be customized by addition of some herbs or special oils. For instance use lavender oil for relaxation, rosemary to energize or thyme for its antibacterial properties. Here is the recipe:
Benefits of lemony sea salt scrub:
- Epsom salt (or sea salt) is rich in minerals that are easily absorbed by the skin.
- Naturally softens the skin.
- Sloughs away dead cells and reduces inflammation.
- Olive oil is a deep moisturizer which doesn’t make your skin oily.
- Lemon acts as a natural whitener and has anti tanning properties.
- Lightens dark spots on the skin.
Strawberry Foot Scrub
These conical shaped red beauties can do more than just satisfy your sweet tooth. These super fruits are bursting with anti oxidants that are extremely beneficial for the skin. The Vitamin C in strawberries keeps your skin healthy and radiant. Here is an easy recipe:
Benefits of strawberry foot scrub:
- Vitamin C – Fights of free radicals and helps protect skin from ageing.
- Removes harmful toxins from the skin.
- Helps in skin regeneration.
- Protects the skin from harmful UV rays and skin darkening.
- Lightens the skin as it has anti tanning properties.
- Prevents skin from cracking.
Chocolate and cocoa are used in a number of skin care products as it is extremely rich in antioxidants. It can help keep your skin firm and smooth over the years. Here is an easy recipe for homemade chocolate scrub.
You Can Also Read: How To Exfoliate Your Skin for the Perfect Wax.
Benefits of chocolate scrub:
- Nourishes and softens skin.
- Acts as one of the best moisturizers.
- Rich antioxidants help reduce sun damage.
- Can heal irritated skin and is unlikely to be harsh on your skin.
- Can promote skin cell renewal.
- Reduces and smooth out wrinkles.We hope you try these homemade scrubs that will help improve your skin at only a percentage of cost of the expensive skin products in the market. Experiment with the recipes and see what works best for you. We guarantee you will find your go-to scrub!
For beauty treatments at your doorstep, book our salon professionals now!