Can’t live without your morning coffee fix? Well neither can we! But did you know that besides kick-starting your energy levels and charging you up for the day, a coffee scrub can do wonders for your skin? All you need for this is a couple of simple ingredients to make your own coffee face scrub at home.
In this post, you will learn about:
- Coffee skin care
- Coffee benefits for skin
- How to make coffee scrub at home
Benefits of Coffee on Skin
- Caffeine – the prime ingredient synonymous with coffee, it reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It also has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce inflammation of the skin, thus you can use coffee to treat puffy eyes and dark circles.
- Coffee is also rich in antioxidants which improve the elasticity of your skin.
- Coffee will help you repair and prevent damage done by UV rays.
- When applied to skin, coffee increases the production of collagen and elastin, giving you younger looking skin
How to make coffee scrub at home –
1. Moisturizing Coffee Scrub For Dry Skin
This simple scrub mask softens and exfoliates skin.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon coffee with 1 tablespoon of yogurt.
- Gently massage this all over your face and neck and let it sit for five minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water to reveal brighter and softer skin.
- Use it once or twice per week.
2. Nourishing Coffee Scrub For Oily Skin
This coffee scrub doubles as an exfoliating face mask and is great for oily skin as the coffee in it exfoliates, the coconut oil moisturizes and bentonite clay helps clear clogged pores
Coffee powder, Bentonite clay powder, coconut oil
- Combine 1 TBS of coffee with 1 TBS of bentonite clay until thoroughly mixed.
- Add coconut oil and stir until completely combined.
- Use this mix in circular motions on your face
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Rinse off
Also Read: 6 Face Masks For the Dry Skin
3. Exfoliating Coffee Lip Scrub
Ground coffee exfoliates dead lip skin, honey and coconut oil moisturize dry lips and cinnamon makes lips look plump
Ground coffee, Honey, Coconut oil and Cinnamon powder
- Combine 1 TBS of ground coffee with 1 tsp of raw honey and 1 tsp of coconut oil in a small bowl and mix until a paste is formed.
- Take a pea sized amount of this coffee lip scrub and gently rub it over your lips
- Use this scrub on your lips for about 30 seconds, and then let it sit for another minute before rinsing clean.
4. Coffee Scrub For Dark Circles
The caffeine in this face scrub can help fix those dark under-eye circles as it helps to improve blood circulation by narrowing the blood vessels.
Coffee powder, Coconut palm sugar, Olive oil, Lemon juice
- Mix 1 tsp of all the dry ingredients and add 1 TBS of olive oil to it.
- Massage onto face using gentle circular motions.
- Rinse and pat dry.
Also Read: Coffee Pack Recipes For Glowing Skin
5. Age-Defying Coconut Coffee Scrub Mask
This antioxidant-packed face mask will keep your skin looking young
Coffee powder, Cacao powder, Coconut milk, Honey
- Combine 1 Tsp all of the ingredients and apply to a clean face.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water.